Thursday 2 May 2013

The beginning of an exciting adventure in science education.

Welcome!!! Today we embark on an exciting adventure. 

For years I have taught primary school science to enthusiastic open young minds, shared in student's successes and challenges and watched them engage in their lessons with creativity and zest. It's time to share with a wider audience the lessons I have taught and been taught by my students. 

I have seen science taught in schools where the staff have not been supported in their endeavour to improve science education and where there are limited teaching resources. I have met students who love science but their science experience revolved around worksheets and limited practical activities. I have scoured the web trying to find appropriate resources to teach the way I wanted to teach, often coming up short and having to create my own. 
What you will find here are teaching ideas, methodology, activities and processes that I hope will assist teachers to improve their science education. We have been told many a time that the students we teach now will work in jobs not yet created or thought of and I believe fostering creativity in science education will not only help those jobs to be created but enable students to become the creative workforce that drives development. 

I look forward immensely to conversing with the teaching profession about the teaching of science in primary/elementary schools not only in Australia, but internationally. I hope you find something of use in this blog. 


Jenni Bennett












Science lessons should elicit wonderment and creativity in the minds of our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment