Sunday 9 June 2013

Finding a new way

It has been a few weeks since I have written a post and it is part due to a distraction I have had with researching information on students with special needs. Having had some recent experiences with teaching students with a variety of ailments I spent some time looking at the rates and what may be causing the increased rates of sickness among our students. My more recent teaching experiences with students with special needs are however with those born into homes that have caused them to develop a disorder. Quite sad.
I am also interested in many of the professional development opportunities I have been discovering through reading a variety of American teaching websites and teaching support sites. Sites such as the Teaching Channel: https://www.teachingchannel.org/?national=1 which has short videos, blogs and a Q&A forum for seeking assistance on a particular issue.

The videos are made in classrooms, feature classroom teachers and their students and provide real examples of the implementation of the concepts being demonstrated. I have found the videos thought provoking and with concepts that are truly adaptable to a variety of classroom scenarios and ages.

Another site I have enjoyed learning from of late is http://www.teachthought.com/ The short articles present useful, practical and realistic information on a variety of topics. I am enjoying discovering ways of implementing best practice teaching methods and alternative ways of setting up classrooms and the dynamics this creates.

It is well worth your readers while to have a look at these and I would really appreciate others sharing their favourite cutting edge teaching methodology websites with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment