Wednesday 17 June 2015

Teacher Author Profit/Loss Sheet - Reaching a new milestone.

I've happily been spending a bit of money on clipart, backgrounds and a new blog design of late and as many Teacher authors will know, it's easy to get carried away. I know there are expenses to be outlaid in any new business and those on TpT dwarf other small business - a font vs a coffee machine! So as I am a relative newcomer to TpT on a serious way I wanted to know when I hit the milestone of actually having my shop in the black.
So over the last few days I have created a Teacher Author Profit/Loss Sheet to calculate the income and outgoings of my TpT store.
Luckily for those that follow me on TpT they'll be able to grab it free first at Teacher Author Profit/Loss Sheet.


The worksheet allows users to easily repopulate the data with new stats downloaded from their My Product Stats page. I have included columns to add various expenses aside from those listed above such as TpT membership fees, tax and net and gross income. 
The sheet doesn't go so far as to aportion internet usage, computer wear and hours spent, but it's a good start.

It's important to be organised when running a small business with small children at home so I'll be posting some of the other simple organisational things I have been doing as my store develops.




No comments:

Post a Comment